Thursday, July 14, 2011

Move Over Betty Crocker :)

I've been trying really hard to cook dinner lately (shocking I know), but I've been pretty good the last week or two. Last night I tried my hand at chicken parmigiana..the way we like it. Steve actually had seconds which is why it's considered blog worthy haha.

Photobucket
It looked something like this only with alfredo sauce on the noodles instead. I would have taken a picture but it got eaten up so fast!

Here is the recipe, tell me what you think!

Alfredo Sauce
1 1/2 C. Heavy Cream
1/3 C. Parmesan Cheese ( I use the Kraft blend of parmesan, asiago and romano)
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Cream cheese
garlic powder to taste

Mix all ingredients in a pan on medium heat. Melt and bring to a boil. Stir often and then let simmer for 15 minutes or so. Pour over any noodles you like. I used angel hair pasta.

Chicken
I used the Great Value brand of Italian Bread Crumbs. I mixed it with some parmesan cheese and coated chicken tenders with the mixture. I baked on 350 for about 20 minutes and then poured some spaghetti sauce on top of the chicken along with some mozzarella cheese and baked for another 5-10 minutes.

It was really easy but really yummy! We'll be making this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment